Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jam’n Giraffe’s and Rock’n Neon Tigers

First and second grade have been making the cutest neon giraffe’s. Here are a few finished ones. Some of them used sparkly felt and some neon paper for the headphones. The ipod is paper and we used yarn for the cord. The students learned about color mixing and blending. We studied the color wheel to see which colors we could blend next to each other. They did a fabulous job!

edit1againedit2again

For some reason neon colors don’t translate in photos. They are much much brighter in person!

edit3againedit4

I had my first class finish the tigers today and they look so awesome.We did the drawing and outlining last week. The photos don’t do them justice! I LOVE neon paint! It’s pretty popular with the kids too!!

edit14

edit15

edit12

edit5

edit7

edit8

edit9

edit10

edit11

edit6

8 comments:

  1. Love all these great neon animals. The jammin' giraffes are so fabulous! How excited the kids must have been to create these. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a recommendation for a brand of neon paint? I've had mixed results...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know what kind of neon paint too.
    These are busting with fun energy and joy. My kiddos are always asking about splatter painting... any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use crayola neon tempera. I have also used the Sax brand and it is also good. I recently bought some neon watercolor paint (also the Sax brand) and it was worthless! It had no pigment and was almost transparent on the paper. It is kind of expensive, but totally worth it. Next year I am going to hang a black light and let them glow! I think it will be a magical experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of paper and what size are you using for these? The biggest I've got is 18x12 but yours looks larger. Mine always wrinkles terribly when we paint it unless it's watercolor paper, and yours seems to be holding up...tell me you secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you give the students a step-by-step for drawing the giraffe? If so, would you mind sharing? They all look so well done!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews