Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Animated Gif tutorial (Update)

Update: I have had so many emails about the GIF this week. I have had SO MUCH FUN making animated gifs this week!  Many of you are not familiar or do not have access to photoshop. If you find a great animation App let me know and I will add the links to my next blog post. Also, if you are a blogger, and would like for me to animate a photo of an artwork for you to use on your blog, (depending on how many I get :-) send me a photo of an artwork and I will convert it to an animated gif as my GIFt for you. I am only going to offer this for a few days. Send me a link to your blog too and I will feature your blog with the gif on my blog! 




This is the tutorial I followed to create the animated gifs using photoshop CS4. I would love to know if you have an APP that does something similar. I used the "liquify" tool under "filter" to make the peacock's feathers move. distort your photo with that tool to make something wiggle. I also used the custom shape tool to make the hearts. When making something move I would select it and cut and paste it somewhere, then use the clone tool to fill in the background from where I cut. I played around with it for a while and it's really fun! The possibilities are endless as far as photo manipulation to create different types of animation in photoshop.

9 comments:

  1. OH I see so this is a scan/photo of a drawing! Got it! I will look for an app :)
    Thank you so much for the follow up post!
    ~ Kristin
    This Old Art Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this one online...http://gifmaker.me/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you do this with the kids or is this something you have done on your own? I would love to try it with my kiddos but am not sure if it would be an overwhelming process for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a photographer so I am very familiar with photoshop. I would be comfortable teaching this to fifth grade, but I do think it would be chalenging. I first read about this on a blog where an elementary class collaborated with a high school class on the project. I think stop motion animation with imovie would be easier than this and a GREAT project for elementary animation.

      Delete
  4. I also found this great APP for animation http://getapp.cc/app/484019696
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/istopmotion-for-ipad/id484019696?mt=8&uo=4

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this Fish is screaming to be animated... http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=28816774&exhibit=750436&gallery=y
    Jen @ carlisleartclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I am new to this entire elementary thing..... I don't have much on my blog, but.... if you should ever see something, at any time, you feel like animating.... you let me know! You are AWESOME Natalie!!!!! Good luck on blog winner too!
    www.mrswaltonsart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you want a music band that would Bands for hire in los angelesset your wedding apart in a true sense? You’ve come to the right place. Divine specializes in
    incomparable wedding bands, which provide an alternative to the conventional live music experience.latin bands for weddings los angeles Our ultimate aim is to deliver unforgettable,
    as well as unique entertainment that would keep the dance floor not only full but would leave a long-lasting impression at the same time.
    Most Bands for Weddings in Mariachi Band Los AngelesCalifornia are just carbon copies. But don’t forget that you are one-of-a-kind couple hence you deserve a one-of-a-kind musical
    entertainment for your big day.
    Our music bands regularly provide services in the Los Angeles area. Bandas en los angeles We are even pleased to travel to the destination weddings, both international and national.
    We have performed more than 300 events and Latin Music Bands For Weddings weddings that make us a more desirable choice of these days. At Divine, we ensure a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience
    particularly for one of the most striking days of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    how to make a gif

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews