Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Father's Day Coffee Painted Sepia Eagles!



Today we started a fun little one day project for Father's Day and Memorial Day. We need simple stuff since school is almost out so I had a can of Instant coffee and we made some Sepia artwork!! 

When I asked the students if their daddys/grandfathers liked coffee they ALL raised their hands!! 



We looked at several sepia photos on the internet, and then I had the students do the step by step draw along I created above



I gave each table a plate with some instant coffee....gently rub a wet brush on the coffee and it slowly dissolves into a nice sepia tone 






These are the parts they painted with coffee first


Then they could add a very small amount of color on the sepia painting








My daughter is in kindergarten, and I was so proud of how her Eagle turned out...I'm sure it won't be a surprise for daddy after I post this, Oh well :-)




Total Pageviews